Rules and Regulations of the Center
- Proper respect must be shown at all times to the school, instructor, black belts, and all fellow students.
- Bow to the flags and training area when entering and leaving the do-jang.
- All students are expected to be courteous and understanding. Advanced students are expected to set a good example to new students and to assist such students whenever necessary.
- Do not enter class late or leave early without instructor’s permission.
- Proper Taekwondo uniforms will be worn for all Taekwondo classes.
- Techniques must be executed with control and respect for each other’s safety.
- Profanity, horseplay, chewing gum, and wearing of watches or jewelry are not allowed on the do-jang floor.
- Do not interfere with the ongoing class at any time. Ask the instructor’s permission before using the heavy bag, stretching, practicing forms, etc., if you are not attending the current class.
- Wear your uniform in the proper manner. The belt you earned is part of your uniform and should be on and tied properly before leaving the locker room. Attend class with a clean uniform, trimmed nails, clean hands and feet, etc.
Do not hold a demonstration or teach TaeKwonDo without permission from a Master instructor..
- You must have the approval of your instructor for tournament competition.
- Students are expected to return any school equipment to its proper place after they are done using it.
- Failure to abide by the above rules can result in disciplinary actions to be given by the instructor such as push-ups, dismissal from class, suspension, or loss of rank.
General Center Rules and Regulations
Personal hygiene is important. A clean uniform and exercise clothing, cleanliness, trimmed nails, clean hands and feet, etc., are expected on the part of all members.
Use of a lock for the locker is highly recommended.
Members must take their belongings with them after their workout. This includes water bottles. No items should be left locked overnight.
Members must not chew gum or eat snacks during class or while exercising.
All exercise and workout clothing will appropriately cover the body and be in good taste.
All members should respect the need for quiet during tests and meditation classes.
Children may not use any equipment or be on the do-jang floor without the supervision of instrutor.
No smoking is allowed at or around the center.
No boisterous or unruly behavior is permitted.
ANY ACTION OR BEHAVIOR THAT MAY THREATEN THE SAFETY OF THE MEMBER OR OTHER MEMBERS IS NOT PERMITTED. TAEKWONDO STUDENTS AND CENTER MEMBERS WHO FAIL TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY HAVE THEIR MEMBERSHIP REVOKED.
- Avoid working out with a full stomach. It is advisable not to eat heavily for at least two hours before working out.
- Do not compete against others in terms of progress. Rather, compete against yourself. The emphasis should be placed on the development of your own mental and physical improvement in relationship to your own potential. Do better than you did before!
- Remember that you will gain only as much as you put forth. Practice on your own!
- Don’t assume you know all there is to know about your form, one-steps, etc. Keep an open mind and look at each instruction session as if it were a new experience.
- There is no special “easy” way to the attainment of techniques in the art of TaeKwonDo, although there is certainly a “correct” way. Consistent step-by-step practice in accordance with your instructor’s guidance is the shortest and most effective way to the true proficiency you seek in the art of TaeKwonDo.
- Think “P’il Sung!” — ” “Second to None!” “Do my best!” I Will!”